Between 18:00 on Saturday 26th and 02:00 on Sunday 27th August, police in the Ionian Islands checked 477 vehicles and 568 individuals, leading to 18 arrests - 7 in Corfu, 5 in Zakynthos, 3 in Cephalonia and 3 in Lefkada - for the following offences:
- 2 for possession of illegal drugs
- 4 catering establishment for lack of proper health certificates
- 3 for noise pollution
- 3 for disturbing the peace
- 2 for playing music outwith the times allowed
- 4 without a driving licence
There were 220 driving offences, including the following:
- 3 driving under the influence
- 19 speeding
- 4 not wearing seat belts
- 33 not wearing crash helmet
- 8 without driving licences
- 2 without MOT
plus 151 other violations.
25 vehicles were immobilised for driving under the influence, driving without a licence, not wearing crash helmets and not having MOT.
There was also one case of smoking in a no smoking area.