Renovation of Villa Rossa included in Operational Programme
CORFU. The budget for the project comes to 4,901,000 Euros and the completion date is 31/12/2022.
The Ionian Islands Regional Administration is going ahead with the renovation of the historical building after countless efforts and procedures. The Regional Governor Rodi Kratsa put her signature to the inclusion of the work in the Operational Programme 'Ionian Islands 2014-2020'.
Regional Administration press release:
The total budget for the project is 4,901,000 Euros and the completion date is 31/12/2022. The Ionian Islands Regional Administration, to whom the building belongs, is responsible for the work.
The aim of the project is the renovation of the Villa Rossa building, its conservation as a historic and architectural monument, development of the property with modernisation of the facilities and its use as a cultural building with exhibition areas including the history of Corfu Town as well as its promotion. The Film Office will also be housed there.
The renovation of the Villa Rossa will include:
- Repair to damage in the main building and the old stable building and their reinforcement based on restoration principles.
- Restoration of the buildings to their original design.
- Improved service for the public.
- Accessibility for those with special needs throughout all the buildings and areas.
- Utilisation of outside areas for outdoor exhibition areas and cultural and recreational activities, making full use of and showcasing the existing plant life and greenery which is an integral part of the property. The natural beauty includes thick vegetation and rare centuries-old trees.
The project is included in the Priority 2 Pillar 'Protection of the Environment and Sustainable Development' in the Ionian Islands 2014-2020 Operational Programme and will be co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).