Self tests available at pharmacies for pupils and vaccinated teachers from Wednesday 19 January
CORFU. From 19 to 22 January, five free self tests will be available from pharmacies to cover the period from 24 January to 8 February.
The Ministry of Education announced that all pupils, vaccinated or not, and vaccinated teachers will be able to get five free self tests from pharmacies between Wednesday 19 and Saturday 22 January. These tests will be to cover the period from 24 January until 8 February.
- Self tests must be taken up to 24 hours before coming to school on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Self tests are mandatory for all pupils, whether they are vaccinated or not, and for vaccinated teachers.
- All pupils aged between 4 and 18 and vaccinated teachers must produce a negative self test certificate.
- Registration and results for public schools are available on the edupass.gov.gr platform, where the Covid-19 School Cards are issued.
- Teachers who are not vaccinated must do two rapid tests, which they have to pay for every week. The rapid tests must be done up to 48 hours before coming to school on Tuesdays and Fridays.
The edupass.gov.gr platform is only for public schools. Parents and guardians of pupils at private schools and vaccinated teachers will continue to register self test results on the self-testing.gov.gr platform and get the Covid-19 School Card.
Parents of children aged 5 and over are encouraged to get their children vaccinated.