Last day for pupils and teachers to get free self tests from pharmacies
CORFU. Today is the last day for pupils and teachers to get self tests from pharmacies to cover the first two school weeks.
According to the recent announcement from the Education Ministry, vaccinated and unvaccinated pupils as well as vaccinated teachers will be able to get five free self tests from pharmacies.
Today is the last day to get the tests, which will cover the first two school weeks from Monday 10 until Friday 21 January.
- In general, self tests must be conducted up to 24 hours before coming to school on Tuesdays and Fridays but in the first week (10-15/1) they need to be done on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
- Self tests are mandatory for all pupils, whether they are vaccinated or not, and for vaccinated teachers.
- All pupils aged between 4 and 18 and vaccinated teachers must produce a negative self test certificate.
- Registration and results for public schools are available on the edupass.gov.gr platform (not self-testing.gov.gr), where the Covid-19 School Cards are issued.
- Teachers who are not vaccinated must do two rapid tests and one self test - which they have to pay for - in the first week of the new school term. The rapid tests must be done up to 48 hours before the first day, Monday 10th, and Friday 14th and the self test must be taken up to 24 hours before they come to school on Tuesday 11th.
From the second week, unvaccinated teachers must take two rapid tests a week - before coming to school on Tuesday and Friday.
The edupass.gov.gr platform is only for public schools. Parents and guardians of pupils at private schools and vaccinated teachers will continue to register self test results on the self-testing.gov.gr platform and get the Covid-19 School Card.