Lockdown extension in Zakynthos cancelled

Lockdown extension in Zakynthos cancelled

Ionian Islands Regional Governor Rodi Kratsa told ERT that the situation was re-examined and finally this decision was taken.

13
Aυγούστου / 2021

CORFU. The extension of the “mini lockdown”, which was to come into effect today, will not be implemented after all.

Ionian Islands Regional Governor Rodi Kratsa told ERT that the situation was re-examined and this decision was taken.

“This decision was re-examined, since the epidemiological burden remains at a low level. Zakynthos showed resistance to this sharp increase in cases. People of Zakynthos made a remarkable effort to reduce the cases to a great extend and this was recognized in a second examination,” said Mrs. Kratsa.

It should be reminded that on Thursday 12 August it was decided to extend the restrictive measures that had been imposed in Zakynthos and Chania until 18 August.