Regional Authority continues to promote Ionian Islands to Arab market
Photo from the Ionian Islands Region’s participation in EXPO Dubai 2020
CORFU. The Ionian Islands Region΄s aim in this tourism event in Dubai was the promotion of the Region in the Arab market, which was attempted through organised meetings with tour operators and journalists in the tourism sector, both in the Arab world and worldwide.
After its successful presence at Expo Dubai 2020 last March, the Ionian Islands Region was also promoting itself at the largest tourism exhibition of the Arab world, the Arabian Travel Market (ATM Dubai), as part of the National Tourism Organisation's stand from 9 to 12 May.
- Meetings with representatives from airlines (Fly Dubai, Emirates, Etihad, Wizz) in order to have direct flights in the future.
- Promotion of the Ionian Islands Region in global media, as well as in other media and, in particular, in the Arab market.
- After 15 meetings were made with major tour operators from the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain and India, there was great interest in the Ionian Islands.
ATM Dubai was held this year in the United Arab Emirates for the 29th year and, for the first time, a virtual exhibition took place before the in-person exhibition for all those who were unable to attend in Dubai.
This year's ATM Dubai attracted more than 23,000 visitors from all over the world, more than doubling the number of visitors compared to the previous year.
Over 1,500 exhibitors from 150 countries participated in the exhibition, focusing mainly on the international travel and tourism. Innovation, sustainability, transport, hospitality, event organisation, etc. were the themes of this year's Arabian Travel Market.
The Ionian Islands Region's aim in this tourism event in Dubai was the promotion of the Region in the Arab market, which was attempted through organised meetings with tour operators and journalists in the tourism sector, both in the Arab world and worldwide.
- The Ionian Islands Region held a follow-up meeting with Fly Dubai executives. During the meeting, the company expressed its will to start direct flights, initially to Corfu, probably when the next tourist season starts, something which is already being planned. At the same time, contacts with other airlines (Emirates, Etihad, Wizz) continued.
- The Ionian Islands Region took part in the National Tourism Organisation's press event and gave an interview to a local radio and internet station.
- The Ionian Islands Region took part in a workshop organised by the tour operator Mideast. 15 meetings had been made with tour operators from the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain and India, since they showed a great interest in the Ionian Islands as a tourist destination. There had also been meetings with two representatives of large hotel groups from Corfu, Domes Miramare and Angsana, which took part in the exhibition.
- The Ionian Islands Region held five important meetings – as part of a public relations project funded by hotel groups of the Ionian Islands Region taking part in Expo Dubai 2020 – with journalists in the tourism sector in major magazines.