Restaurants closed throughout Greece on Tuesday
ATHENS. Announced by the Panhellenic Federation of Restaurant & Related Professions (POESE).
On Tuesday 16 November restaurants that are members of the Panhellenic Federation of Restaurant & Related Professions (POESE) will remain closed for 24 hours throughout Greece. Their resolution will be presented to the Prime Minister on the same day at 12:00.
In its announcement, the Federation said: "We respect public health, but we demand support measures in order that we and thousands of workers can survive."
- Readjustment of fines and shifting of burden to offender as well.
- Refundable deposit made NON-refundable.
- Participation in decision-making committees.
- Power and rent subsidies.
- Subsidy for employer contributions or suspension of work contracts.
- Exemption from municipal payments
- Reduction of VAT to 6%
- Continuation of subsidies for loan repayments.
- New funding similar to that for 2020 and early 2021.
1. Special Secretariat or Catering Chamber
2. Resolution of employee costs with special modifications of distortions in employment legislation which don't take into account the high level of extra costs in the sector (nights, holidays, weekends) and its unique circumstances.
3. Rationalisation of the sector with structural reforms.