Σάββατο 13.07.2024 ΚΕΡΚΥΡΑ

Firefighters put out kitchen fire in Tennis district

fire
29 Μαρτίου 2023 / 09:53

CORFU. The fire broke out in the kitchen of a house but did little damage and the tenant was removed safely.

Firefighters rushed to the scene after smoke was spotted coming out of the windows of a house in the Tennis district in Corfu Town.



The smoke was spotted by locals at around 20:15 on Tuesday and fire engines immediately rushed to put out the fire in Vraila Armeni St.

The woman, who lives in the house with her dog, was quickly removed and taken to Corfu Hospital for precautionary reasons as she had inhaled smoke.

The fire, which had broken out in the kitchen, was quickly extinguished before it had the chance to spread, with little damage being done.