"Sustainable Tourism Development in the Ionian Islands" seminar
CORFU. Friday 3 February at 09:30 at Corfu Port Authority.
The Ionian Islands Regional Administration and the Special Service for the Administration of the 'Ionian Islands' Programme are organising a seminar 'Sustainable Tourism Development in the Ionian Islands' on Friday 3 February at 09:30 at Corfu Port Authority.
The seminar is being organised as part of the Regional Sustainable Tourism Strategy in the 'Ionian Islands 2021-2027' Programme. It is part of the Regional Authority's Development Strategy and the European Agenda for Tourism 2030, which focusses on the following five priorities:
- Enabling policy framework and governance
- Green transition
- Digital transition
- Resilience and inclusion
- Skills and support for transition
The seminar aims to set up a joint starting point and framework for sustainable tourism in order to cultivate dialogue and encourage producers and tourism bodies to help shape the Strategy for Sustainable Tourism in the Ionian Islands.
Introduction and Welcome Addresses
- Ionian Islands Regional Governor
- European Commission representative
- Ministry of Tourism representative
Ionian Islands Sustainable Tourism Strategy
1. Presentation of road map for Regional Strategy for Sustainable Tourism in the Ionian Islands - Kostas Aspiotis, Supervisor - Special Service for the Administration of the 'Ionian Islands' Programme.
2. General framework, challenges and approaches for Sustainable Tourism Development - Ioannis Spilanis, Professor, Department of Environment, Aegean University; Aris Ikkos, Scientific Director, INSETE (Institute of Greek Tourism Confederation).
Best Practices for Sustainable Tourism Development
Apollonia Karabatsou - CSR Manager, Mitsis Hotels Group
Sofia Karabella - Assistant Professor, Department of Tourism, Ionian University
Maria Lougari - Castelli Hotel, Zakynthos
Round table discussions