Protest outside DEI office against exorbitant increases in electricity bills
CORFU. Workers in the private and public sectors held a work stoppage and protested outside the DEI (Electricity Company) offices.
The protest was organised by the Workers Centre in collaboration with ADEDY and with Corfu OGE and the Initiative Against the High Cost of Living also taking part.
Workers are demanding:
- Sizeable reduction and cap on kw price and electricity.
- Abolition of Special Consumption Tax and VAT on oil, petrol, gas and electric energy.
- Abolition of all contracts that include adjustment clauses.
- Abolition of VAT on basic products.
- Increases in wages, pensions and social benefits.