Civil Servants Union (ADEDY) work stoppage and protest outside Maraslio Town Hall
CORFU. Public sector employees held a work stoppage today.
There was a protest outside the Maraslio Town Hall in which Corfu Hospital Employees Union, Corfu SEPE and the Municipal Employees Union also took part.
The unions are making the following demands:
- An end to the persecution of unions and workers.
- An end to the suspension of health workers at Corfu Hospital and all wages and salaries to be paid to those who were suspended.
- Recruitment of PERMANENT medical, nursing and cleaning staff at Corfu Hospital.
- Contract workers to be given a permanent contract and recruitment of permanent municipal and municipal administration staff.
- An end to school classes being held in containers. State planning for the funding and creation of school buildings. Modern state and municipal nursery schools and childcare centres, free for all children in each district.
- Immediate payment of 100% compensation to all those who suffered from the recent floods, prioritising the vulnerable groups and businesses. Immediate planning, with state funding, for modern flood, fire and earthquake defences and protection throughout Corfu.