South Corfu Municipal Council gives go-ahead for Kaliviotis investment under specific conditions
Six conditions were set to which the contracting company seems to have agreed.
The South Corfu Municipal Council approved the investment in Kaliviotis for the creation of a marina in the form of an island in yesterday's meeting, but under 6 specific conditions. Residents were also present at the meeting.
The CEO of the contracting company L. Marine SA Giorgos Liatsos gave a full briefing on the upcoming investment and received many questions regarding the viability and good execution of the project.
The South Corfu Mayor Kostas Lessis set the terms and conditions for this investment, to which all parties agreed except LASY which asked for a referendum, but it was rejected by the Municipal Council President Kavvadias.
The 6 conditions set, to which the company seems to have agreed, are the following:
1. Preparation of studies on the environment by appropriate scientific personnel.
2. Benefits for South Corfu Municipality.
3. Town planning study for Kaliviotis, so that the citizens can utilise their property and the company can fund it.
4. The reconstruction and upgrading of the harbours in Petriti, Alykes and Kaliviotis (owned by Corfu Port Authority) in order to be used by fishermen, boats of the local community will be transferred to the South Corfu Municipality, while the funding of studies and the issuance of the tender document will be carried out by L. Marine S.A.
5. Necessary infrastructure with water supply, sewerage and road works.
6. The economic footprint of existing uses, their preservation and upgrading.
The parties of Kostas Lessis, Nikos Goussis and Yiannis Pandis voted for the Mayor's proposal.