Risk-assessment map - new measures
ATHENS. Health safety measures on 4 levels in Greece - Corfu remains at Level 2 (Moderate risk - monitoring) - Ioannina and Zakynthos at Level 3 (High risk - increased monitoring).
The Covid health risk-assessment map has been updated with the new data.
From today, Friday 23 October, Kastoria has been moved to Level 4 (Very high risk - strict measures) and Thessaloniki, Viotia, Larissa and Serres have been moved to Level 3 (High risk - increased monitoring).
Ioannina remains at Level 3, but there will be another assessment on Saturday 24 October, and Kozani remains at Level 4.
In Kastoria the measures now include mandatory mask-wearing in all indoor work areas and outdoors, all meetings in public and private places are suspended, travel outside the Region is prohibited from 06:00 on Saturday 24 October and there is a general curfew from 00:30 to 05:00.
The following have also been suspended:
- Courts, Prosectors' offices, all land registeries and branches of the Hellenic Land Registry.
- Archaeological sites, museums and caves.
- Live performances with audiences and all performance arts.
- Rehearsals, TV and cinema filming - rehearsals to be conducted by teleconferencing.
- Centres of entertainment including, event venues, catering and bars.
- Musical events
- Catering establishments - only take-aways, deliveries and drive-throughs allowed.
- Children's playgrounds
- All sports events and training - only individual training allowed
- Traditional fairs (panigiri), Sunday markets and other markets.
- Retail shops
- Hairdressers, personal health services etc.
- Conferences and exhibitions.
- Leisure parks and theme parks.
Schools and other educational institutes remain open but the wearing of masks is mandatory. There will only be online teaching at universities.
Of the 74 regional units in the country, 26 are on Level 1 (Low risk - preparedness / on alert), 22 at Level 2 (Moderate risk - monitoring), 24 at Level 3 (High risk - increased monitoring) and 2 at Level 4 (Very high risk - strict measures).
At the moment the Regions at each Level are as follows:
Andros, Arkadia, Arta, Drama, Evros, Evritania, Ilias, Thasos, Thesprotia, Ithaki, Ikaria, Kavala, Kalymnos, Karpathos-Kasos, Cephalonia, Lassithi, Lefkada, Limnos, Messinia, Milos, Rethymnon, Sporades, Syros, Tinos, Fokida, Chania.
Aitoloakarnania, Argolida, Grevena, Evia, Imathia, Corfu, Kilkis, Corinth, Kos, Lakonia, Magnesia, Naxos, Xanthi, Paros, Pieria, Preveza, Rodopi, Rhodes, Fthiotida, Florina, Halkidiki, Chios.
East Attica, Achaia, Viotia, North Athens, West Attica, West Athens, Zakynthos, Heraklion, Thessaloniki, Santorini, Ioannina, Karditsa, Kea-Kythnos, Central Athens, Larissa, Lesvos, Mykonos, Attica Islands, South Athens, Piraeus, Pellas, Samos, Serres, Trikala.
From Saturday 24 October all 26 regional units at Level 3 (High risk - increased monitoring) and Level 4 (Very high risk - strict measures) will have a general curfew from 00:30 to 05:00. Masks will also be mandatory everywhere except for in catering establishments but only when customers are seated at tables.