Sunday 10.12.2023 ΚΕΡΚΥΡΑ

Fire at Indoor Sports Centre brought under control before it could spread

Sports Centre
27 Aug 2019 / 12:06

CORFU. The bituminous insulation on the roof caught fire due to heat from the sun and the Fire Service was called out when the smoke was spotted from the airport.

The fire which broke out in the roof of the Indoor Sports Centre at 13:30 has been attributed to the heat from the sun. Two fire engines rushed to the scene along with a crew from DEDDIE (Electricity Company) who turned off the power supply.

The fire was quickly brought under control before 14:00.

See more photos here.