Convoy protest with Corfu farmers
CORFU. Dozens of Corfu farmers responded to the call to protest from Corfu Federation of Farmers΄ Associations with the support of the Workers Centre.
The protestors gathered near the airport before driving to Corfu Town - ending up at the former prefecture.
Their demands are as follows:
- Guaranteed minimum prices for olive oil, to ensure a basic income.
- Reduction in production costs (abolition of VAT on oil and supplies)
- Road, flooding, earthquake and fire prevention work to be done.
- First €12,000 to be tax-free with increases for children
- Immediate pandemic health protection measures