Traffic measures in Corfu Town 10 and 11 August
CORFU. Illegally parked vehicles will be towed away.
Special traffic measures will be in place in Corfu Town for the following events:
- Wednesday 10th at 22:00 - "The Song of the Sea - Varkarola" in Garitsa Bay.
- Thursday 11th at 09:00 - St. Spyrison Procession in Corfu Town.
The special measures are as follows:
Roads closed to traffic
1. From 23:30 on 8 August until 18:00 on 10 August from Douglas Column on Dimokratias Ave to Vraila Armeni junction.
2. The following roads from 18:00 on 10 August until 12:00 on 11 August
- Dimokratias Ave. (traffic diverted at Douglas Column)
- St. Desylla, Gerasimou Aspioti and Akadimias (traffic diverted at St. Desylla and Geo. Theotoki junction)
- Rizospaston Voulefton (in direction towards Aspioti - traffic diverted at Riz. Voulefton and Alexandras junction)
- Georgiou Theotoki (in direction towards St. Desylla - traffic diverted at 'bomba'
- Eleftherias, Capodistriou, Agoniston Polytechniou, Vass. Georgiou A and Viktoros Dousmani (procession going round Spianada Square)
No parking or stopping
1. From 23:30 on 8 August until 14:00 on 10 August between iakovou Polila and Vraila Armeni on Dimokratias Ave.
2. From 14:00 on 10 August until 02:00 on 11 August from Douglas Column to NAOK on Dimokratias Ave,
3. From 00:30 until 12:00 on 11 August along the procession route - Eleftherias, Capodistriou, Agoniston Polytechniou, Vass. Georgiou A and Viktoros Dousmani
Temporary parking spaces for visitors
1. Corfu Port - entrance and exit at the roundabout.
2. Outside Corfu National Sports Centre (EAKK).
3. Outside Garitsa cemetery.
Please note, illegally parked vehicles will be towed away..